30th Annual Chili Cook Off
Saturday, September 28, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
It’s time for our favorite time of year and it’s one we promise you won’t want to miss! We’re working hard to continue to Move Poultney Forward and celebrating our 30th Chili Cook Off by bringing lots of new and exciting additions to this year’s event; $1,000 in cash prizes for contestants, silent auction, dinner auction, delicious chili, friendly contests, Poultney High School Chili Bowl Soccer and Football games (time TBA) and so much more!
Guests can begin purchasing mugs at 11:00 and tasting will continue until judging at 1:00.
We’re currently looking for cookers! Some rules include:
- NO CHARGE FOR COOKERS!
- Judging is by an esteemed panel of three judges and by popular vote of the tasters.
- No open fires are permitted for cooking, should your chili self-ignite, it’s the team’s responsibility to extinguish all flames.
- Coleman-type stoves – either gas or propane – will only be used for cooking.
- We suggest you prepare approximately 12-15 gallons of chili for tasting and voting.
- All cooking will start at 8:00 am and end at 1 pm the day of the cook-off.
- Tasting and voting will begin at 11 am and prizes will be awarded between 1:00 and 1:15 pm
- Individual teams will be given 10 feet of space to prepare their chili. Tables will be provided by the Poultney Rotary Club. Teams will provide overhead tarp, if necessary, chairs and any booth decorations.
- Beer or alcohol is allowed as an ingredient for your chili.
- Road kills, such as opossum, skunk or raccoon are not allowed as ingredients in preparing your chili.
To register as a cooker, please contact Val at 802-236-2790 or send us a message!
We can’t wait to see everyone on September 28th!
Featured Image courtesy of Elle Hughes from Unsplash.