- This event has passed.
Meeting of the Grinds
Saturday, September 18, 2021, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Regardless of your suspension status, tire size, or how tight your shorts are, this festival is for you! Meeting of the Grinds features rides for all bikes and all abilities led by local legends.
Slate Valley Trails is partnering with MTBVT to host the first annual Meeting of the Grinds, an all-day cycling festival on September 18th, 2021. Bringing together cyclists of all genres, the event will raise money the support the stewardship efforts of Slate Valley Trails and is based out of their Fairgrounds Trailhead in East Poultney, where riders can access more than 35 miles of purpose-built singletrack and an extensive network of quiet gravel and class four roads.
- 8:00am – Arrive, ride sign-ups
- 9:00am – Rides Depart (some all day rides, some shorter morning rides)
- 1:00pm – Afternoon Rides Depart (shorter)
- 4:00pm – Return for Burritos, Beer Tastings, vendors, etc.
- 5:00pm – “Run Whatcha Brung” Sprint Race and other shenanigans
- 6:30pm – Race Results and Raffle
More info and to Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/
We are also looking for volunteers – both to lead rides, and to help out with the event. To sign up to volunteer, please email Caitrin Maloney: caitrin.maloney[AT]gmail.com